Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Illness

For the past week I've had pneumonia. Ironically, this was the first illness where every professor had pity because of the coughing. All of them understand my asthma problems combined with pneumonia causes a gross and possibly deadly mix.

I went to the doctor because my father told me to. I was talking to him on the phone and he said, "Sam, you need to go to the doctor TODAY." So, I did as I was told. It was a good thing I did because I had a breathing treatment and a steroid shot. They also gave me a fever reducer to try and help, as I had an 102 fever.

I finished my steroid and I believe it is just the antibiotic I am finishing up. I still have the awful cough, but it is finally starting to go away. It is worst at night and first thing in the morning. But we're getting there.

I have also officially decided to switch majors. I am switching to a different school, it will be a general Bachelors of Science degree. I will also finish in the Spring of 2020.

I am hoping to work with the older Deaf community and be an advocate for their wellness and care. I am hoping that I can impact that community and cause their care to become superior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment